Funding and Fees

Funding can be offered to children aged two, three and four years old...


  • Normal Hourly Rate (8am - 6pm and including food:) £5.00 per hour.

  • Out of Hours Rate (Before 8am and after 6pm - subject to contract:) £7.00 per hour.

  • Bank Holiday Rates: £7.00 per hour.

  • Child Holiday (If taken when I am available to work:) £5.00 per hour.

  • Child/Parent Illness or Absence: £5.00 per hour.

  • Childminder Training Days: £5.00 per hour

  • Childminder Illness: FREE

  • Childminder Holidays (This is four weeks holiday per year:) FREE

  • Childminder Closure Days (Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day): FREE

  • Term Time Only Contracts: £6.00 per hour.

  • School, Childcare Facility and Pre-School Charge: Minimum of £10.50 and £5.00 per hour until 6pm. Then out of hours rates apply.

  • Unexpected Closure of School, Childcare Facility or Pre-School: Minimum of £10.50 and £5.00 per hour until 6pm. Then out of hours rates apply.

  • Deposit: One month’s fees (subject to contracted hours.)

  • Retainers: 50% hourly rate. (Prices dependant on individual requirements.)

Methods of payment


At Pip 'N' Squeaks I like to make payment as easy as possible and therefore I accept payment in the following ways; by bank transfer, cheque or cash. These payments are expected a month in advance and this will therefore secure your child's place within the setting. As well as receiving payment in the above ways, you can pay me using EYPP (Early Years Pupil Premium,) childcare vouchers and two, three and four year old funding.

"The childminder is in receipt of funding to provide free early education to children aged two, three and four years old."

Funding and Support

Two Year Old Funding

Some two year olds, are entitled to some free two year old early education or childcare. Two year old funding entitles a child to 15 hours of free early education or childcare for 38 weeks per year. In order to see if you are eligible for two year old funding you can contact your local authority, health visitor or family support worker to see if you meet the criteria. Some of the factors which may lead to you being eligible for two year old funding include:


If you get one of the following:

  • Income Support

  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Universal Credit

  • tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax

  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

  • support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act

  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)


Or if any of the following apply to your child:

  • they’re looked after by a local council

  • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan

  • they get Disability Living Allowance

  • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order

For more information on two year old funding you can talk to me or visit the following website:

Three and Four Year Old Funding

All three and four year olds in England are entitled to 570 hours of free early education or childcare per year. This usually occurs over 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year. I understand that teaching children the basics early gives them a great chance in life and therefore with this funding your child can learn with me and have a head start when they start school. Funding for three and four year olds applies to children until they reach the compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday). Parents do not have to contribute towards this entitlement but may be charged fees for any childcare that is in addition to the 15 free hours a week provided. The date in which you can start claiming depends on your child’s birthday, please see the table below for details:

For more information on three and four year old funding you can talk to me of visit the following website:

Childcare Vouchers

Parents who work can benefit from childcare vouchers as it can help them save a significant amounts of money in regards to tax and National Insurance savings. Both parents are able to claim childcare vouchers as long as you are both working and that your employer is part of the scheme. To benefit from the scheme, parents simply exchange a part of their salary for the same amount of childcare vouchers and use them to pay their childcare fees. Each parent can request up to £243 a month or £55 per week. If you are interested in using childcare vouchers you can speak to your employer to find whether or not they currently offer childcare vouchers. If your employer is offering childcare vouchers  they can help you to join the scheme.

If you would like to know whether or not childcare vouchers would be beneficial to you, you can click the link below to the government's childcare voucher calculator:

Tax Credits

Tax credits are payments from the government. Parents who are responsible for at least one child or young person may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but aren’t necessarily on a low income, you may qualify for Working Family Tax Credit. You can often get both types of tax credits. The amount you receive will depend on how many children you have, how much you earn and a few other contributing factors. Tax Credits are paid into the bank account of the main carer, which is the person mainly responsible for looking after the children. You may be entitled to one or both of the following:

Working Tax Credit is based on the hours you work and get paid for, or expect to be paid for. You can claim this Tax Credit whether you are an employed or self-employed person. You can only receive the childcare element of the Working Tax Credit if you are working at least 16 hours a week. If you are part of a couple, you can claim Working Tax Credit as long as combined you both work at least 16 hours per week, unless one of you is unable to work because of incapacity. The amount you receive will depend on your income and will be paid directly to the main carer.
The childcare element is added to the amount of Working Tax Credit you can get. The final amount will depend on your income (or joint income, if you are part of a couple).


For more information on Working Tax Credit you can visit the following website:

Child Tax Credit is paid to you if you are responsible for at least one child or young person who normally lives with you. You don’t have to be working to claim Child Tax Credit. The amount of tax credits you get depends on things like:

  • How many children you have living with you.

  • If you live with someone as a couple.

  • Whether you work – and how many hours you work.

  • If you pay childcare.

  • If you or any child living with you has a disability.

  • If you’re aged 50 or over and are coming off benefits.

For more information on Child Tax Credit you can visit the following website:

Help for Students

If you’re in further education you may be able to get extra financial help. This could come through the ‘Care to Learn’ Scheme (for students under 20) or through Learner’s Support Funds. There is also a scheme providing help with childcare costs for sixth form students aged 20 or over. As a higher education student, you may be eligible for extra help on top of any standard student loans or grants you get. This could include a bursary, Child Tax Credit or childcare vouchers. You may also be eligible for a grant or extra money to pay for university or college. Money may also be available through educational trusts or charities.

For more information on 'Care To Learn' you can talk to your sixth form or visit the following website:

For more information on The Learner Support Fund you can or visit the following website:


For more information on receiving extra money to help pay for higher education you can talk to your education provider or visit the following website:

If your child is born between:
1st of January to 31st March
1st April to 31st August
1st September to 31st December
They are eligible for a free place from:
1st April following their third birthday or the beginning of the summer term
1st September following their third birthday or the beginning of the autumn term
1st January following their third birthday or the beginning of the spring term